- Business Continuity Planning (23)
- Business continuity planning involves creating a plan to minimize the effects of an interruption to an organization's operations in the event of natural disaster or other disruption to one or more critical business functions or resources. Learn how.
- Business Planning - General (23)
- If you run or want to start a business, business planning is absolutely essential. Business planning helps you map out the goals, how's, and what's of your business so you can manage your enterprise. Here you will find information about the process of business planning.
- Business Planning Templates Samples and Examples (11)
- The best way to learn how to write business plans is to actually look at as many as you can. Welcome to our section that contains samples, complete business plan examples, or templates.
- Business and Commercial Insurance Planning (13)
- Many businesses, particularly small and medium sized ones, have inadequate insurance to cover various kinds of liabilities, and other circumstances that can damage or destroy the business. This section will help you plan out appropriate business and commercial insurance.
- Career Advancement (12)
- We all hope that our careers will progress whether it's added responsibilities, promotion, or more money, we want to advance rather than stay static. That movement doesn't come by accident, and you can plan and take control over the progression process. Here you'll find various tips, hints, and advice on how to move your career forward.
- Career Planning (20)
- Career planning is the process of intentionally setting career goals and determining how best to follow them. You can let your career be in the control of others, or you can take control via career planning. Find out how.
- Career Quizzes And Self Assessment (13)
- Part of developing your career is having the right tools to self-assess your skills, interests, and abilities. On this page you'll find a number of FREE quizzes and self-assessments to help you in your career planning and development.
- Communication Planning and Communication Strategy (15)
- Communication planning is one of the most neglected areas of corporate planning. Communication with customer and the media (external) and with employees and staff (internal) is essential for long term success. Learn more about communications strategy, implementation and planning
- Crisis Planning (3)
- We know from episodes like the 911 attacks that crisis management doesn't just happen, but requires in depth planning, even for potentially rare events, and involves planning roles, communication strategies, training and much more. That's the topic here. Be prepared.
- ERP - Enterprise Resource Planning (4)
- ERP (enterprise resource planning) is an industry term for the broad set of activities supported by multi-module application software that help a manufacturer or other business manage the important parts of its business, including product planning, parts purchasing, maintaining inventories, interacting with suppliers, providing customer service, and tracking orders. ERP can also include application modules for the finance and human resources aspects of a business. Typically, an ERP system uses or is integrated with a relational database system.
- Financial Planning - Corporate Budgets (14)
- Here you will find help with business budgeting particularly as the budgeting process links up with various kinds of short and long term planning.
- Financial Planning - Managing Student Debt And Loans (16)
- Some estimates are that the average student debt of those graduating is about 35 thousand dollars. Students don't always financially plan for their futures, so in this section you'll find a whole library on the specific issue of managing the debt, and also on related student debt issues, including prevention.
- Financial Planning - Personal (22)
- Finanical planning involves being proactive about your financial future whether you are 18 years old or 70 years old. Here you can learn about things like planning for retirement, investment planning, and more.
(Tools And Calculators)
- Financial Planning For Baby Boomers (13)
- Different generations face different issues as they plan financially and for their retirements. In this section you'll find help with the planning needs of baby boomers.
- Financial Planning For Gen-X (13)
- Some have suggested that Generation X members are going to have a much harder time retiring than the older, and more wealthy Baby Boomers. In this section you'll find advice specifically oriented towards financial and retirement planning for Gen-X.
- Financial Planning For Millennials (12)
- Members of the Millennial Generation were born between 1980 and 2000, the children of baby boomers, and sometimes also referred to as Gen Y. Young enough to benefit from financial planning, and gradual contribution to retirement funds, millennials need to think long term about their finances, so that's what we cover in this section.
- Human Resource Planning (23)
- Human resource planning is the term used to describe how companies ensure that their staff are the right staff to do the jobs. Sub topics include planning for staff retention, planning for candidate search, training and skills analysis and much more.
- Marketing and Sales Planning (13)
- Sales doesn't happen by itself. Learn more about the process of planning marketing and sales strategies, ad campaigns, and related topics.
- Mission and Vision and Values (15)
- Mission, Vision and Values are critical elements of a strategic business plan, or even a plan for one's own career. Often they get confused. So we're going to clarify.
- Personal Development Plans (7)
- A personal development plan is a tool you can use to become a lifelong learner, whether it be for career related learning and skills, or just to pursue your own learning interests. It's a way of taking control of your own development in a way that suits your learning styles and goals.
- Planning Case Studies Best Practices (6)
- Here you'll find information about specific companies (ie. case studies) who have been innovative and successful in various types of business, financial and strategic planning.
- Planning For Various Business Types (15)
- Planning may work differently for the banking industry versus a corner store, so we have collected strategic planning information and help specific to various industries.
(Banking and Finance)
(Information Technology IT)
- Planning Individual Performance (3)
- Performance management success rests on the ability to set clear employee goals and objectives, so that staff know what they are to achieve. Whether we use management by objectives, or some other goal setting method, performance planning is the critical element. Learn more from the material in this section.
- Planning Meetings and Meeting Management (6)
- One of the critical aspects of conducting effective meetings is the planning of meetings. A well planned meeting runs efficiently and with less wasted time. Learn how to do it here.
- Planning Training For Maximum Impact and Instructional Design (8)
- A lot of the value of training is lost because it's not planned properly. Here you'll find help in planning training to increase return on investment, and in particular how to conduct needs assessments prior to training.
- Planning Your Time - Time Management (18)
- Most of us have trouble with time management, and as they say, time is money. Here you will find hints, tips and help for planning the use of your time, and time management.
- Project Planning (20)
- As projects become more complicated and involve more people and steps, the importance of project planning increases. Learn more about how to optimize project success throught the use of effective project planning.
- SWOT Analysis (9)
- SWOT analysis is a strategic planning tool that is exceedingly valuable. It involves identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Here's more information on the SWOT process.
- Scenario Planning and Contingency Planning (9)
- Scenario planning is a technique used to learn about the future by understanding the nature and impact of the most uncertain and important driving forces affecting our future, so you can be prepared to succeed in a changing world. Read more.
- Strategic Planning (26)
- Strategic planning is the process of identifying where you want to go, your values, factors that will affect your success, and how to get where you are going, within a long time frame. Learn how to do it properly here.
- Strategic Planning - Implementing and Execution (7)
- Strategic planning has no value unless the plans can be implemented and executed properly. Thinking has to be translated into action. Here you find help with implementing your plans and making them come alive.
- Strategic Planning - Methods Tools and Techniques (8)
- Here you will find help with the PROCESS of developing strategic plans, including methods, tools, and techniques, and best practices, and clarification of the various strategic planning terminologies
- Succession Planning (10)
- Succession planning is the process of looking long term to ensure that executive and management positions are occupied by qualified people promoted from within, and that employees have avenues for promotion. Learn more about it here.
- Values Based Planning (3)
- Values Based Planning helps a company (or an individual) develop strategic and tactical plans that are consistent with the values of the organization, and helps the company operate consistent with those values. Learn more about values based planning here.
- Workplace Violence Planning and Policies (4)
- Violence in the workplace is becoming more common place. The more informed employees are about what to do when faced with violence in the workplace, the safer they will be. Here, you'll find help with developing workplace violence plans, crisis planning and policies.
- Writing A Business Plan For Startups (12)
- One of the first steps in starting a business is to write a business plan, both to guide yourself and your business, but also to attract investors, gain bank loans and partner with other companies. Learn how to write a business plan here.